Choosing the right powder measure is essential for reloading your own ammo. Precision accuracy, durability, and ease of operation are all key factors to look for. What kind of powder you’re using is also important as some measures may be less compatible with certain loads.
Shop our Powder Valley online megastore for a range of industry-leading powder measures and scales that get top ratings from reloaders. Not sure which scale is right for you? Our friendly pros are happy to help point you in the right direction.
Why Use a Powder Measure?
Here are three reasons why every reloading workshop needs a powder measuring scale:
- Safety – there’s no room for guesswork when it comes to bullets for reloading. You need to know the exact weight of the powder you’re using.
- Efficiency – adding a powder scale to your equipment will let you reload more rounds in less time.
- Better results – a powder measure will allow you to fine-tune your ammo for peak performance.
4 Features Every Powder Measure Must Have
Whatever measuring scale you choose, it should have these four features:
- Quality – Look for a powder measure with the accuracy and durability to last for decades. Ideally, this should be a once-in-a-lifetime purchase.
- Consistent results – a quality scale will provide the same results time after time, without the need to constantly adjust the settings.
- Compatibility – every brand of reloading powder has its own unique characteristics. Look for a scale that works well with the type of powder you use.
- Ease of use – The best powder scale on earth will do you little good if it’s too complicated to operate. Fortunately, most modern versions are simple and intuitive, with manufacturer videos that can get you up and running in no time.
How to Obtain an Accurate Measure Every Time
Having the right measuring scale is just the first step. It’s also important to use the best method for dispensing the powder. Here are three proven techniques:
- Use a trickler – with this method, you start with a smaller amount of powder than you actually need. You then add a grain at a time until you reach the right weight.
- Use a manual dispenser – this approach is used by veteran reloaders across the country.
- Use a digital dispenser – this is perhaps the easiest of the three methods. The computer chip weighs the powder in the container and dispenses the correct amount each time.
Ready to Take the Next Step? Powder Valley Has What You Need
Remember, quality is all-important, no matter what type of scale you purchase or dispensing method you use.This is one more reason to buy your supplies for reloading ammo at Powder Valley, where you can trust that you’re getting the highest quality products at the best prices.
Browse our super-site today for reloading powders, measures, scales, and more of the best ammo supplies on the market. We can help you to shoot more and pay less!